Alexander May provide a letting service from all both branches and cover the whole of Bristol and North Somerset, some cases beyond.
We have a dedicated lettings team headed by a lettings manager. The team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01179744766.
We believe that you choosing us to act as your agent is a privilege. It is important to us that you understand what we will be doing to rent your property and the service you should expect from us. Our process is also designed to give the client maximum feedback and full compliance. To this end we have listed what you can expect when you instruct Alexander May.
Our lettings service provides a flexible and friendly approach to letting your property. Alexander May staff are professional and knowledgeable regarding all aspects of the letting service. Generally our services fall into the following categories:
1. TENANT FIND SERVICE
2. FULL MANAGEMENT SERVICE
3. RENEWAL AT THE END OF TERM
- On requesting a property appraisal or valuation from Alexander May we will attend at your convenience and discuss all aspects of the appraisal with you in order to reach agreement on the best method to get your property to market.
- You will receive our appraisal and any supporting documentation promptly following our visit.
- On instructing Alexander May we will add your property including high quality photographs to our property list.
- Alexander May will instruct and progress the preparation of all landlord services we have been instructed to carry out such as EPC's, Safety Tests, Inventory etc.
- The best internet advertising will be chosen for your property including our own website, Zoopla, Find a Property and Rightmove.co.uk. Internet marketing will begin shortly after your property details have been approved. You will be advised when the property is live.
- In addition to internet marketing we also hold a database of registered tenants. Our internal IT system will match your property to suitable tenants. Details will be sent to them via email and SMS. They will also be contacted to discuss your property.
- Your property will also feature on social networks which is a growing area of advertising for property rentals.
- Your property will be advertised in local papers in the next available slot. You will be advised when your property will appear.
- All viewings at your home will be accompanied unless specifically requested otherwise by yourselves. All staff from Alexander May will have seen your property previously and know how best to sell it at a viewing.
- You will receive open, honest feedback following every viewing.
- You will receive an activity report weekly or fortnightly (depending on your requirement) as to the progress and marketing of your home together with full internet marketing feedback.
- Should your property not be let after a reasonable period of time we will invite you to a review. We will discuss all viewings, feedback and advertising carried out with the aim of making some changes (if required) or discuss the way forward for the next period of marketing
- Alexander May will always act openly, honestly and professionally and to achieve the best rent possible for our clients.
- Should you accept an offer on your property Alexander May will professionally progress the let through every stage to move in and beyond. Including vetting of tenants and dealing with AST and deposits etc. as required by law.
- Alexander May will continue with the agreed services throughout the course of the tenancy and provide good professional feedback on progress and all other matters arising.
Services for Lettings
1 Tenant Find Service
1.1 Recommending and agreeing with the Landlord an achievable market rent to be sought.
1.2 Advertising in office window, local press and our own website, Zoopla, Rightmove.co.uk Carrying out viewings with potential tenants and negotiating rent and tenancy.
1.3 Taking a holding deposit from tenants and taking up references from a Credit Referencing Agency.
1.4 Organising an inventory, gas safety report, electrical safety report, energy performance certificate as required (to be charged to the landlord).
1.5 Preparing a Tenancy Agreement in accordance with the Housing Act 1988 and meeting with the tenants to sign the agreement.
1.6 Preparing a standing order mandate for future rent payments for the tenant to sign.
1.7 Providing the tenant with the landlord’s contact information and utility providers.
1.8 Taking the first month’s rent and tenancy bond in cleared funds.
1.9 Providing the landlord with a copy of the tenancy agreement, tenants contact details, inventory and meter readings.
1.10 Registering the deposit with the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) and providing the tenants with deposit reference as required.
1.11 Transferring the rent to the Landlord by BACS no later than one week after check in, after deduction of agent’s fees and any other agreed costs such as inventory and gas safety report.
1.12 Providing a statement by email or post as required.
2 Full Management Service
In addition to the Tenant Find and Rent Collection service, we will provide the following:
2.1 After check in, contacting the service providers and local authority with details of new tenants and providing meter readings where required.
2.2 Being the first point of contact for the tenant with regard to maintenance issues.
2.3 Visiting the property three times per year at set times in order to appraise the general condition of the property. A written report of the findings will be sent to the landlord and the tenant.
The landlord will be advised of any remedial action required.
2.4 Organising minor routine repairs to a value not exceeding £200.00, and costs deducted from the following months rent collected from the tenant.
2.5 Informing and taking the landlord’s instructions on repairs of a major or more serious nature above £200.00 unless emergency repairs are necessary to prevent an escalation of damage to the property, to the health and safety of the tenant, or to allow the landlord to comply with statutory obligations.
2.6 Collection of rent and payment to landlord without delay but certainly with 7 days of receipt.
2.7 Advising landlord of any unpaid rent. We will chase rents where required but any action and cost to recover rent will need to be agreed with landlord.
3 Renewal at the end of the term
3.1 Negotiating a renewal with the tenant, acting on behalf of the landlord to obtain the optimum rent, preparing the extension document and arranging for the tenant to sign the documentation.
3.2 Updating the DPS with the renewal dates as required.
3.3 Providing copies of documentation to the landlord.
3.4 The charge for this is £75.00 plus VAT normally borne by the tenant.
3.5 Advising the landlord when a tenant is to leave a property and putting it back on the market to find a new tenant as soon as possible to avoid void periods.