Alexander May believe being your agent is a privilege. It is important to us that you understand what we will be doing to sell your property and the service you should expect from us. Our process is also designed to give the client maximum feedback and to this end we have listed what you can expect when you instruct Alexander May.
What you can expect
- On requesting a property appraisal or valuation from Alexander May we will attend at your convenience and discuss all aspects of the appraisal with you in order to reach agreement on the best method to get your property to market.
- You will receive our appraisal and any supporting documentation promptly following our visit.
- On instructing Alexander May we will prepare high quality sales brochures including photographs and floor plans at no cost to you. Presentation and photographs are very important to achieving a sale.
- Alexander May will instruct and progress the preparation of all items required by law on your behalf soon after being instructed.
- The best internet advertising will be chosen for your property including our own website, Zoopla, Find a Property and Rightmove.co.uk. Over 80% of sold property in England is initially found using the internet. Internet marketing will begin as soon as your property details are approved. You will be advised when the property is live.
- In addition to internet marketing we also hold a database of registered buyers. Our internal IT system will match your property to suitable buyers. Details will be sent to them via email and SMS. They will also be contacted to discuss your property.
- Your property will also feature on social networks which is a growing area of advertising for property sales.
- Your property will be advertised in local papers in the next available slot. You will be advised when your property will appear.
- All viewings at your home will be accompanied unless specifically requested otherwise by you. All staff from Alexander May will have viewed your property previously and know how best to sell it at a viewing.
- You will receive open, honest feedback following every viewing.
- You will receive an activity report weekly or fortnightly (depending on your requirement) as to the progress and marketing of your home together with full internet marketing feedback.
- Once a sale has been agreed we will qualify your buyer as much as possible as well as investigate any chain that may exist. At this point we also enter a target completion and our IT based sale progression system will be put into place to ensure a smooth sale.
- Should your property not be sold after a reasonable period of time we will invite you to a review. We will discuss all viewings, feedback and advertising carried out with the aim of making some changes (if required) or discuss the way forward for the next period of marketing.
- Alexander May will always act openly, honestly and professionally and aim to achieve the best price possible for our clients.
- Alexander May will work with and liaise with your appointed solicitor, or if requested by you, will recommend a suitable solicitor to act for you in the sale.
- Alexander May will advise all our clients on any property that they may wish to move into as well as make available all advice required to achieve the clients goals through our network of professionals.